Dodington Parish lies around 12 miles north east of Bristol and 16 miles north west of Bath, and it is within the unitary authority of South Gloucestershire.
With a population of around 8,700 the parish is made up of three wards. The North East Ward covers the ‘Birds’ estate in the Chipping Sodbury postal area, the North West Ward covers the Shire Way estate in the Yate postal area and the South Ward covers a large rural area including the villages of Dodington, Codrington and Wapley. You can view the streets and areas within the Parish here: Dodington Parish roads and areas
Dodington Parish Council –Mission Statement
The Parish Council will aim to improve local quality of life and to help meet the needs and aspirations of parishioners by:
- Ensuring high standard and cost effective services
- Being a responsible employer
- Encouraging a sustainable local environment
- Encouraging local people to take a positive role in our community
- Representing local views to other bodies.