We will aim to reopen our play areas on Saturday 4th July as part of the lifting of restrictions by the Government. Reopening the play areas will take us some work behind the scenes, as we need to carry out Covid risk assessments and update our signage. Please bear with us whilst we get the play areas ready again for you and if you arrive to a play area on Saturday and it’s not ready for use, please accept our apologies in advance.
In preparation for your visit to our reopened play areas, please note the following guidance from the Register of Play Inspectors International:
1. If the playground facility you visit has not yet officially been opened, please do not attempt to use, or access the equipment or area.
2. Do not remove any temporary barriers to the playground or plastic fencing or unravel any swing seats or cables that may have been secured to put them out of use – this must be done safely by the owner or operator of the facility.
3. Follow the current social distance guidelines when visiting and encourage your children to do the same.
4. If the playground is busy, consider coming back at a later time. Talk to your children about this possibility before visiting.
5. Wash your and your children’s hands before and after visiting. Take hand sanitiser with you and consider taking a bottle of water for if your children’s hands get covered in mud. Ensure your children are using hand sanitiser frequently.
6. Follow and adhere to all current government advice in addition to the above guidance.
The play areas operated by Dodington Parish Council are:
*Lilliput Park Play Area and Outdoor Adult Gym Equipment
*Woodchester Play Area
*Goldcrest Play Area
Please respect other users of the play areas and our staff, who may be litter-picking nearby or inspecting and cleaning equipment.
The Council is also responsible for QEII Playing Fields and the MUGA. If you wish to report any problems with our play areas and open spaces, please email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Categorised in: Lilliput Park
This post was written by Hannah Saunders