We find ourselves in unprecedented times because of the Covid-19 Pandemic. Dodington Parish Council realises that this is a very difficult and worrying time for many residents. We hope that the links on this page are helpful during this time.
As of 5th November (the start of further national restrictions), the Parish Hall will be closed to all users, apart from pre-school. The Parish Council office will also be closed to visitors, with staff working from home. You can contact the Parish Council on: 01454 866546 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Covid-19 – Physical and mental health
- Stay at home advice / self-isolation – from the NHS – NHS – Self-isolation
- If you have symptoms of the coronavirus, access the NHS 111 online service – NHS 111 DO NOT visit your GP surgery or hospital.
- Book a Covid-19 swab test if you have symptoms of the virus: Get a free NHS test
- Overview of COVID-19 – NHS – Covid-19 Overview
- Common questions and answers on COVID-19 – NHS – Covid 19 – Common Questions
- Concern about the illness, the impact of self-isolation and the disruption to daily lives could cause undue pressure and anxiety. The NHS Every Mind Matters website has some really simple useful tips and advice to support good mental health – NHS- Every Mind Matters.
- The NHS has provided advice for those wanting to pick up prescriptions on behalf of someone else – NHS – Picking up a prescription for someone else
- If you are able to access Facebook, there is a ‘Yate and Sodbury Covid-19 Help & Support’ group. This is for those in need of help and also volunteers – Facebook page – Yate & Chipping Sodbury Covid-19 Support
- Are you being ‘shielded’ from coronavirus for health reasons? South Gloucestershire Council has set up a Community Shielding Hub to provide advice and support to people who have been identified as needing to be ‘shielded’ at this time.If you have received the shielding letter and require further information, you can contact the Community Shielding team:
Telephone: 01454 864040
South Gloucestershire Council services are almost back to running as usual, but with some changes. You can check any service disruption on their website – Service Disruption
Any breach of Covid-19 restrictions can be reported to the Police on 101 or via the online reporting form.:
Other useful links
South Gloucestershire Council’s Coronavirus information page – South Glos Council – Coronavirus
COVID 19 EMERGENCY FUND
Dodington Parish Council are pleased to announce that they have diverted part of their 2020 – 21 budget into an ‘Covid-19 Emergency Fund’ set up to help locally based organisations and charities that are supporting residents in the Chipping Sodbury, Dodington and Yate area through this current crisis.
Please see guidelines and application forms below.
If you are unable to print and need hard copy – don’t hesitate to contact us and we will get paper copies to you.
Once completed either email to : email@example.com or pop in the post to our office address (there is a rota for going into office and checking for mail).
Dodington Parish Council, Dodington Parish Hall, Finch Road, Chipping Sodbury. S Glos. BS37 6JZ.
We will update this page with other useful information as the situation evolves.