We find ourselves in unprecedented times because of the Covid-19 Pandemic. Dodington Parish Council realises that this is a very difficult and worrying time for many residents. We hope that the links on this page are helpful during this time.
Although the Parish Council office and Parish Hall are closed for the time-being, you can still contact us on 01454 866546 / firstname.lastname@example.org The staff team is still working and are here if you want to contact us.
Covid-19 – Physical and mental health
- Stay at home advice / self-isolation – from the NHS – NHS – Self-isolation
- If you have symptoms of the coronavirus, access the NHS 111 online service – NHS 111 DO NOT visit your GP surgery or hospital.
- Overview of COVID-19 – NHS – Covid-19 Overview
- Common questions and answers on COVID-19 – NHS – Covid 19 – Common Questions
- Concern about the illness, the impact of self-isolation and the disruption to daily lives could cause undue pressure and anxiety. The NHS Every Mind Matters website has some really simple useful tips and advice to support good mental health – NHS- Every Mind Matters.
- The NHS has provided advice for those wanting to pick up prescriptions on behalf of someone else – NHS – Picking up a prescription for someone else
- If you are able to access Facebook, there is a ‘Yate and Sodbury Covid-19 Help & Support’ group. This is for those in need of help and also volunteers – Facebook page – Yate & Chipping Sodbury Covid-19 Support
- Are you being ‘shielded’ from coronavirus for health reasons?South Gloucestershire Council has set up a Community Shielding Hub to provide advice and support to people who have been identified as needing to be ‘shielded’ at this time.
If you have received the shielding letter and require further information, you can contact the Community Shielding team:
Telephone: 01454 864040
South Gloucestershire Council have had to make a number of changes in the delivery of their usual services, including waste and recycling collections and closure of libraries. You can read the full details on their website – Service Disruption
Any breach of Covid-19 restrictions can be reported to the Police on 101 or via the online reporting form.:
Other useful links
- The UK Government took the unprecedented step of closing schools to most children in response to the pandemic. You may have questions about your child’s education during this time. You can contact the Department for Education on 0800 046 8687
- South Gloucestershire Council’s Coronavirus information page – South Glos Council – Coronavirus
We will update this page with other useful information as the situation evolves.